Your Home Is The Single Largest Purchase You Will Make
Shouldn’t you make sure you have the very best coverage to protect it? HN Insurance has access to over 100 specialty Carriers. At HN, we find great joy and pride in providing our clients with the peace of mind of knowing that the people and things that are important to them are protected from the unexpected. We can assist with your Home, Auto, Rentals, Boat, or RV Insurance needs. We also offer Umbrella Policies and specialty policies to cover things like jewelry, antiques & collectibles. Robert Parker can customize client-specific risk diversification options for you. He can also educate you on things you can do to help save money on your home or auto insurance.
What Are The Homeowners Insurance Policies HO-3 & HO-5?
HO-3 & HO-5 insure a residence, whether a dwelling or a townhouse unit. Also cover detached structures, personal property, and liability exposure.
What Are The Differences Between The Two?
The differences are the Perils (risks, causes of damage) you are insured for.
- Named Peril – damage is only covered if specifically named
- Open Perils – damage is covered unless specifically excluded
An HO-3: Structure insured for Open Perils, personal property for Named Perils. An HO-5: Structure and personal property are both insured for Open Perils
What Are The Benefits Between The Two?
The burden is on the homeowner during a claim to prove that coverage is also applicable to their Personal Property.
The burden is on the insurance company to prove that there is no coverage for the claim.
Common, Known Coverages
- Deductible – damages paid by policyholder per claim
- Cov. A – Dwelling Limit -Rebuilds the house at today’s costs
- Cov. B – Other Structures -Covers detached structures on premises
- Cov. C – Personal Property -Replaces property at today’s cost
- Cov. D – Loss of Use -Cover extra expenses if vacated by a claim
- Cov. E – Personal/Family Liability -Protects assets from damage to others
- Cov. F – Medical Payments- No-Fault payout for injury to others
- Additional Dwelling Replacement -Additional coverage to ensure enough limits to rebuild the home
- Roof Replacement Cost -Pays 100% cost to replace/repair the roof
- Special Personal Property (included on HO-5) -Covers Personal Property for Open Perils
- Water and Sewage Backup -Typically excluded unless limits added
- Ordinance/Building Codes -Pays extra costs to repair to current code
- Utility/Service Lines -Covers lines running to/from house
If you would like to get a competitive quote on your Personal Lines insurance,
complete the quote request form below.
HN Insurance Services
11675 Great Oaks Way | Suite 144
Alpharetta, GA 30022